With Capgemini’s Demand-Driven Supply Chain, consumer products companies can deliver a profitable, customer-focused proposition. This helps them respond to the expectations of retailers and, if they want, engage in direct-to-consumer channels.
Key challengesRetailers are putting pressure on consumer products organisations to improve speed and agility and to do more with less. The retailers themselves must respond to consumers who have become less brand loyal and more digitally savvy, which creates challenges not just to the retailer, but further up the supply chain.
At the same time, consumer products companies are trying to drive growth and profitability by competing directly with their customers through direct-to-consumer channels. This fundamental shift in the operating model challenges the way consumer products businesses configure their supply chains.
Whether you are a velocity- and volume-driven business or a highly specialised one, today’s environment means you need to improve operational performance by focusing on the key measures of EBITDA, ROI, cost of goods, and cost to serve.
- Capgemini’s demand-driven supply chain (DDSC) offer can help your company deliver a more profitable and customer-focused proposition. We’ll help you use deep customer insight and predictive technologies to build stronger product ranges and coordinate the flow of product through the supply chain in order to deliver on customer promises.
- Our approach builds on established concepts like demand sensing and planning, supply planning, inventory management, S&OP/IBP and operational excellence. What is different is the way we integrate these capabilities to coordinate all aspects of planning, operations and servicing your clients in line with your strategic goals.
- DDSC embeds leading practice processes into a CPG organisation. It also aligns the key views of commercial and operational functions, and capitalises on the wealth of customer, competitor and internal data now available by putting it in the hands of the people who can make the customer proposition a reality. The result is tangible improvements in sales, margin and stockholding.
Why Capgemini?We understand how all the components of a demand-driven supply chain fit together because of our experience with clients. For example:
- We delivered improved European customer service and reduced costs through accurate forecasting (using SAP APO), lean philosophy, greater agility and effective safety stock management at a global FMCG organisation.
- For a European high-velocity multi-temperature wholesaler, we performed an assessment and fully validated transition plan to optimise the supply chain network.
- We supported a global high-tech brand to transform its Plan to Finished Goods operations and standardise leading practices in its global manufacturing operations by addressing PLM, planning, ERP, MES and WMS activities in an integrated manner.