The speed of digital transformation and the reduction of time-to-market life cycles for products and services raise the importance of Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing for organisations worldwide. How have they been adapting to meet the needs of today’s digital environment?
Keeping Pace with Digital Transformation
Digital transformation is rapidly shaking up business operations and organisations are placing more focus on QA and Testing, with the aim to develop a smoother customer experience. The pace of digital transformation, however, remains a major challenge.
The seventh edition of the World Quality Report, co-sponsored by Capgemini, Sogeti and HP, provides findings on application quality and testing trends as well as recommendations for organisations to build strong testing practices. The report is based on a global market research study conducted with 1,560 senior IT executives and testing leaders from 32 countries.
The World Quality Report is the only major global research study and expert commentary for Application Quality Assurance and Testing that covers:
- The state of quality and trends on outsourcing, technologies, tools and methodologies
- Industry-specific analysis (Automotive, Consumer Products, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, High Tech, Financial Services, Public Sector and Telecom, Media and Entertainment)
- Region-specific analysis (Australia and New Zealand,Benelux,China,Eastern Europe,France,Germany,Middle East,North America,the Nordic Region and the United Kingdom)
Current Trends in Quality Assurance and Testing
Key findings from this year’s report:
- The impact of IT quality on the end-user experience is a driving force for today’s digital transformation initiatives.
- QA and Testing budgets have increased 9% year-on-year.
- Enterprises are widely embracing agile and Development and Operations (DevOps) methodology.
- Shorter program and application lifecycles are creating increased demand for testing hardware and infrastructure.
A Roadmap for the IT of TomorrowKey recommendations from this year’s report:
- Refocus QA and Testing on customer experience and business assurance.
- Transform the traditional Test Centre of Excellence (TCOE) using agile and DevOps practices.
- Make continuous and automated security testing a key strategy.
- Prioritise testing with predictive analytics and continuous feedback.
- Expand testing teams’ skills beyond manual and test automation.